Lakeside Laundry Equipment has been closely monitoring the news around COVID-19 and following guidance from the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local authorities. Our customers are our top priority and, now more than ever, we know how important laundry can be.
The best way to fight the virus is with good hygiene habits, which include washing your hands and cleaning your clothes. We wanted to share some quick tips from the CDC related to laundry:
- Wear gloves when handling a sick person’s dirty laundry and wash your hands immediately after removing the gloves.
- Do not shake dirty laundry. The virus can disperse through the air.
- Wash items in the highest possible water temperature.
- It is okay to wash laundry from a sick person with other people’s laundry.
- Do not forget to clean and disinfect surfaces that the dirty laundry has touched, such as hampers, laundry baskets, counters, and floors.
We understand that your washers and dryers may be getting more use than usual, and they are of the utmost importance in stopping the spread of COVID-19. Lakeside Laundry Equipment service technicians are still available to service your equipment. If your equipment needs service, reach out to us immediately.
Our technicians are following all safety protocols when visiting properties for service requests, including washing their hands, carrying hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes, and sanitizing their work areas. Our technicians will be staying at home if they are experiencing any symptoms or have been exposed to anyone that has tested positive.
If you have any questions surrounding Lakeside Laundry Equipment’s protocol around COVID-19, do not hesitate to reach out to us via our website or toll-free at (800) 628-2588.
We hope your friends and family stay safe and healthy, and we appreciate your support during this unprecedented time.